BB&T Insurance Services
John McGarvey is Vice President of BB&T Insurance Services. During his 12 year career, he has worked exclusively on providing risk management and insurance solutions to the construction industry all while achieving the Construction Risk Insurance Specialist designation, as well as, his Certified Workers’ Compensation Professional designation. For the past several years, John has focused his efforts on developing the Telecommunications Division for BB&T. National in scope, the telecom group aims to assist wireless infrastructure companies by reducing risk and improving costs. At present, BB&T is the largest insurer of tower owners and contractors in the U.S.
John is a 2001 graduate of the University of Mississippi, where he received his Bachelors of Business Administration in Banking & Finance. During his time at Ole Miss, John was a four year member of the varsity football team, playing offensive line and earning two letters. John married his wife Natalie in 2002 and together they have three children: Smith-9, Prentice-7, and Cape-4 years old.
- Inside Advice on How to Buy Insurance
- How to Choose a Broker – How Important Are They and the Role They Play?
- Hidden Risks of the Telecommunications Industry
- Are You Covered – What Am I Really Buying
- Basic Risk Management Strategies
- The Ins & Outs of Claims Management and Why It’s Important
- Contractual Risk Transfer – The Importance of MSA and Subcontract Management